How To Run Skeinforge
To Run Skeinforge
When Skeinforge is started two windows will be displayed:
- The Skeinforge Settings window
- The shell window (the black window where information is displayed, including which parts of the program have been executed, information about the processing of the file, errors, etc).
The usual sequence for converting a file to gcode is:
- In the "Skeinforge Settings" window select "Extrusion" from the "Profile Type".
- Right below it, select the type of material you'll be printing from in "Profile Selection" (ie. PLA, ABS, HDPE, etc).
- Click the "Craft" button. You can now select the various craft preferences (ie. Raft, File, Comb, etc) to make adjustments to any settings that you require.
- Click the "Skeinforge" button at the bottom-left of the window.
- In the new "Open File for Skeinforge" window, browse to the appropriate file (you may have to select the correct file type in the drop down list to see it), then click the "Open" button.
- The shell window will display the progress as the file is processed, any errors that are generated (hopefully none) and a summary of the gcode file that has been produced.
- If the options to display Skeinlayer (2D preview of layers) and Skeiniso (3D preview) have been selected, then these windows will be displayed.
- The newly generated gcode file will be saved to the same folder as the selected file to process. If "Analyze->Statistic->Save Statistics" has been selected, a .txt file will also be saved containing information about the gcode.